Manage your audit and compliance requirements
The rapid pace of change and the complexities associated with immigration make compliance an area where many businesses struggle. For many, obligations associated with Standard Business Sponsorship, Accredited Sponsorship or as a party to a Labour Agreement with the Australian Government can seem onerous. The management of sponsor compliance and reporting changes of circumstances to the Department of Home Affairs is also a factor.
In addition, many employers are not aware of their obligations to ensure that all employees hold the necessary permission to work in Australia. Immigration laws apply to ALL employers regardless of whether they sponsor visa holders or not - particularly if you employ international students, working holiday makers, bridging visa holders and other non-Australian workers.
Significant penalties and fines can apply to companies, directors and managers if immigration laws are not complied with.
With a focus on bringing clarity and a clear actionable process to all aspects of immigration law compliance, The Migration Agency works with businesses, including corporates and SMEs to :
- Assist with immigration audits and sponsor monitoring activities by the Department of Home Affairs
- Perform corporate health checks
- Undertake VEVO checks to confirm work entitlements
- Help identify processes and implement systems that strengthen an organisation’s capacity to meet its obligations
- Deliver training to internal human resources teams responsible for recruitment and mobility management.
More than simply an exercise in box ticking, our commercial and intelligent approach to immigration audit and compliance, provides assurance risks will be identified before they arise and can avoid liability for the company and its directors and managers.