Why we collect your personal information
The Migration Agency collects personal information for the primary purpose of providing immigration services to clients in accordance with client instructions. We also collect personal information for marketing purposes.
Personal information that The Migration Agency may collect, includes:
- name, address, telephone number, email address;
- your bank account details and credit card information;
- records of communications with us and services you receive;
- with your consent, medical records, employment history, police reports and academic records.
- personal website usage information, such as your IP address; and
- other personal information you provide to The Migration Agency when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research, or subscribe to our mailing list.
Information is only collected:
- if necessary for The Migration Agency’s operations
- by lawful and fair means
- where practicable, only from the individual concerned or a person authorised to act on the individual’s behalf.
The Migration Agency takes reasonable steps to ensure you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information
- the right of access to the information
- the identity and contact details of the organisation
- any law requiring collection of the information and
- the main consequences of failure to provide the information.
How we use and disclose your personal information The Migration Agency may use or disclose your personal information:
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected, ie advising and representing clients in accordance with client instructions, including for the purpose of giving immigration assistance; or,
- where the individual would reasonably expect this; or,
- where the individual has consented; or,
- for direct marketing but giving individuals the opportunity to opt out of direct marketing; or
- promoting and marketing of current and future services;
- informing you of upcoming events and offers; and
- analysing services so as to improve and develop new services.